CFS Version 13 Changes
Released September 2021
Elastic Buckling Analysis Changes
- Implemented the Effective Width calculations for cover plated members with intermittent fasteners.
- Increased upper limit on Wind Load to 300 psf to support ASCE factored loads.
- Changed "Width" label in the properties report to "Flat" to distinguish from the overall section width.
- Provided more trace details for Direct Strength Method (DSM) calculations.
- Cleaned up calculation trace for web crippling strength of members without holes.
- Use kɸ in distortional buckling axial load calculation for the braced flange.
- Improved messages related to improper geometry imported from DXF file.
- Provided example DXF file to assist in understanding geometry requirements.
- Applied the more conservative rational analysis factors to additional cases:
- Strength calculation for braced tension flange where section geometry does not comply.
- Shear and web crippling strength where hole is not at mid-depth.
- Bending and web crippling interaction equations if required in determining the individual strengths.
- Intermediate stiffeners under stress gradient using the Effective Width Method.
- Width-to-thickness ratio limits now use full element widths disregarding intermediate stiffeners.
- Included more analysis checkpoints to ensure controlling location is represented.
- Member check locations at left or right side of a support are stated as above or below for vertical members.
- Default file names for saving new sections and analyses now use the entered descriptions.
- License activation presented more visibly on Welcome screen.
- Implemented a FIPS compliant version of the license verification system.
Automation Module Enhancements
- Increased upper limit on DSM load ratios to 1000 to better support inelastic reserve strength.
- Allow shorter half-wavelengths in the elastic buckling analysis.
- Included Gross/Net designation, work ratio, and buckling mode in Copy Data feature.
- Improved buckling mode categorization with changes to the work ratio calculation.
- Revised SFIA and SSMA section libraries to utilize revised elastic buckling results for DSM.
- Increased number of nodes for panel sections to better identify buckling modes.
- Fixed work ratio calculation for the alternate solution method.
- Fixed problem with a section having a hole next to the bend radius.
- Fixed problem with the rare case of a double root in the solution.
- Multiple simultaneous instances of the Calculation object are fully supported for multi-threaded applications.
- Added plastic section modulus properties Zx and Zy to SectionProperties class.
- Depth property of the SectionData class is not required for creating angle sections.
- HoleLength and HoleSpacing properties of the SectionData class are now read-only.
Copyright © 2021 RSG Software, Inc.
- Corrected design stress for tension yield in stainless steel members.
- Corrected equation numbers shown in trace for stainless steel buckling stress calculations.
- Corrected spelling of "Dead Load" in analyses created by Quick Design.
- Corrected R/t limits for certain web crippling cases that changed with Specification edition.
- When defining a custom material, modify existing DSM ratios for the new yield strength.
- Fixed display of custom material name after being edited.
- Properly show the input values of ex and ey in analysis member checks.
- Improved checking of intermediate stiffeners for closed sections.